God used the Muslims of the Ottoman Empire in 1516 to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem but also close the Eastern Gate.
Ezekiel prophesied that the gate would be closed and would remain closed until the prince (Messiah) returns.
Also, Ezekiel explained that the Gate was to remain closed because the God of Israel went through it. There was only one occasion that Christ allowed others to honor him as a King. It was Palm Sunday, when Christ rode a colt into Jerusalem. Which gate did he enter? The gate by the Mount of Olives, which would be the Eastern Gate! Isn’t that something!!!!
Let’s take a look at the rapture. We get confused sometimes because we often call this event the ‘second coming’ which is not the rapture. The ‘second coming’ takes place 7 years after the rapture.
The rapture does not count as a coming technically because Christ does not set his foot on earth in the rapture. He comes down to the clouds and takes his saints away with him.
Rapture comes from the words “Caught Up” in I Thes 4:17 which is when the Lord takes the saints out of this world and moves us to heaven.
I Thes 4:15 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”
This same truth is affirmed in:
1Co 15:52 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
Second Coming or the Second Advent
Now Christ returns with the Saints. In the Rapture, God is taking the saints from the earth into glory. In the ‘second coming’, Christ is bring the saints from heaven and placing them again on Earth.
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
There are THREE Temples in the scriptures that will be in Jerusalem
1. Solomon’s Temple – Destroyed by the Babylonians – (King Neb)
Contemporaries: Daniel – Shardrach – Meshack – Obendigo / Ezekiel
2. Ezra’s Temple – Return from Exile – Zerubable – Nehemiah etc…
Note: The Temple that Christ entered.
3. Millennial Temple - Still to be built
Notice the location of the Eastern Gate and that it is next to the Mount of Olives. It is also the Gate that is closest to the Temple Mount.
Zech 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof
Ezek 43:1-2 1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: 2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
Now notice that the Eastern Gate will be shut!
Ezek 44:1-3Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.
Matt 24:27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Now here is the Muslim Connection!
• 1517 when the Turks conquered Jerusalem
• under the Ottoman Sultan -Suleiman the Magnificent.
• He commanded that the city’s ancient walls be rebuilt,
• Rumors swept Jerusalem that the Messiah was coming.
• Suleiman learned that the Jewish Messiah would be a great military leader who would be sent by God from the east.
• Suleiman ordered the Eastern Gate sealed.
• He also put a Muslim cemetery in front of the Gate, as Jewish priest are not to enter a cemetery hoping that would prevent a Jewish Holy man.
YES! – But he is not the same Jesus you and I know.
I am replaying an older broadcast when I dealt with the ridiculous job ABC news did on the subject of Islam. However, I want to draw your attention to Point number six, where I deal with Islam’s teaching about Jesus being the Messiah.
The Muslim Jesus, Isa will come back as a subordinate to the Muslim Messiah (The Hahdi). Isa (Muslim Jesus) will do four things.
1. Destroy all the Crosses, the symbol of Christianity
2. Kill all the swine.
3. Remove the Jizya (the protection tax that Christians must pay to Muslims.)
4. Kill the Anti-Christ and his followers. That would be OUR messiah, The Christ of the New Testament, and the Christians.
My notes are bellow:
Back in 2010, ABC’s 20/20 news program did a one hour show on Answering Questions about Islam.
It was filled with inaccurate information.
ABC News’ Dian Sawyer, Bill Weir and Lama Hasan
Aired Sept. 29, 2010
Islam: Questions and Answers
1. The FIVE Pillars — From the Koran —
They come from the Haddith. (Sunnah – Words of Mohammad)
2. The Zakat — Give to the Poor.
Not really true.
It includes much more than just giving alms to the poor.
• Giving to the Poor —-
• Given ONLY to Muslims —
• Also, the Majority of what is given is to Fund the purpose of the UMMAH – The purpose is to bring in the nation of Islam —
• Funding to appose Non-Muslims – Global Jihad – the struggle against the Non-Muslims.
3. Adam and Eve created equal – both were made from the dust
Note True! – The Koran (words of Allah) tells us that woman (Eve) was made out of man.
Surah 4:1 / 7:189
Then Muhammad (in the Sunnah) says…. — Woman is made from a Rib! – Bakhari 3331
4. Fatwas are Meaningless —- ONLY OPINIONS
Fatwas bear much weight in the Islamic world.
• Religious or Legal Rulings from Scholars —- Masters in their field.
• They quote Allah / Muhammad / Early Caliphs //
• They don’t advance the doctrine of Islam —
• They only confirm Islam’s most basic teachings.
5. Jesus sits at the right hand of God
Again Not True!
Muhammad tells us that: “Jesus is with John the Baptist in the 2nd Heaven.” — Bukahri – 3430
6. Jesus is going to come as the Messiah — To Bring Peace!
It is well known to Muslims what the Muslim Jesus is going to do when we comes. He will perform 4 things as a subordinate to their Messiah – the Mahdi.
From Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656
• Break crosses.
• Kill all swine.
• Abolish the jizyah tax (a Muslim tax on non-Muslims)
• Kill the Muslim antichrist and his followers.
Surah 4:159 The Muslim Jesus will witness against the Christians and Jews.
Mufti Muhammad Shafi commented on this verse saying….
Christians and Jews will: “…confirm that he is alive and has not died and he is not God or the Son of God but (merely) His (Allah’s) slave and Messenger, and Isa (Jesus) will testify against those who had called him son of God, the Christians, and those who had belied him, the Jews.”
Jesus, the son of Mary will soon descend among the Muslims as a just judge… Jesus will, therefore, judge according to the law of Islam… all people will be required to embrace Islam and there will be no other alternative.