The Scriptural Evidence about the 72 Virgins
Today I address more of the amazing errors of ABC’s effort to answer America’s questions about Islam. 20/20 with Diane Sawyer, Mike Weir and Lama Hasan became the beacon of Islamic propaganda.
Moderate Muslims would have us believe that Orthodox Muslims mistranslates the word ‘Houri’ as virgin when it should be ‘raisin.’ Yes, you heard me right, ‘raisin.’ Mohammad rewarded his armies with booty and sex in this life, but the reward for the men if they fell in battle in the after life were ‘raisins?’ Who do they think they are kidding?
Moderate Muslims are perverting the real teachings of Islam. In an effort to make Islam more paletable they not only insult the memory of Mohommad but they create an enviroment of distrust in them as we can see their lies. We can read their text and trace their history to know the true Islam.
In today’s broadcast I deal with the Islamic Texts that teach about the 72 Houri’s (Virgins)
If you want to understand the real teachings of Islam — go to the top. Get it straight from Allah and the prophet himself.
If that is not enough…. look at what the early disciples understood to be the truth and how they acted on what Muhammad told them.
My notes for Today’s broadcast:
Aired Sept. 29, 2010
Islam: Questions and Answers
Bill Weir —-”Is their anything in the Qur’an about the 72 Versions?”
Four Places you go to establish the validity of an Islamic Doctrine.
- The Qur’an – The Words of Allah
- The Sunnah – The Words of Muhammad
- The Sira (Biography) Ibn Ishaq – (600 pages.)Hadith - 600,000 Hadiths.
- i. two Major compilers (Most widely accepted)
- Sahih Bakhari and Sahih Muslim
3. Classical Scholars The Best, most widely accepted is - Ibn Kathir from the 1500’s -
4. Fatwas - Modern Scholars
From these Four Sources we will find the following descriptions of the “Houri’ the ‘virgins’ as rewards for the Martyrs.
Define the Word — Houri
Hur’in is made of two words Hur as well as In. The word ‘Hur’ is the plural of both (Masculine) and (Feminine) which literally translates as “white-eyed”, or persons distinguished by Hawar, signifying “intense whiteness of the eyeballs hence ‘the purity’
Literal Meaning = Genderless – “Companions pure, most beautiful of eye.”
General Meaning = Overtime…. The word “houri” has entered into several changes in meaning and evolved to be known as: “voluptuous, beautiful, alluring woman”
Uses of the word ‘Houri’ in Islamic Scriptures:
- Wide and beautiful/lovely eyes Surah 52:20/ Surah 56.22
- Eyes Like pearls The Al-Tirmidhi hadith: 5638
- Hairless except the eye brows and the head. The Al-Tirmidhi hadith: 5638
- Beautiful The Sahih Bukhari hadith Vol:4 Book :54, Number: 476
- White. Scholar Al Ghazzali, Ihya Uloom Ed-Din Vol. 4
- Eternally young. The Al-Tirmidhi, hadith: 5638
- Companions of equal age. Surah 78:33
- Sexual Attributes:
- Untouched / with hymen unbroken by sexual intercourse Surah 78:33
- Virgins Surah 78:33
- Voluptuous/full-breasted Surah 78:33
- With large, round breasts which are not inclined to hang. Scholar -Al-Tirmidhi, Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Vol. 2.
- Appetizing vaginas. Scholar – Al-Suyuti, Al-Itqan fi Ulum al-Qur’an, p. 351
Surah 56: 35We have created (their Companions) of special creation. 36And made them virgin – pure (and undefiled), – 37Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-
Surah 52:20 Reclining on ranged couches. And we wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes.
Pre-Occupation with the Breast of these Virgins.
Surah 78:33 And voluptuous women of equal age; or And young full-breasted (mature) maidens of equal age,
It was reported in the hadeeth of al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Karb that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”
“Hassan (Good) Hadiths .
3. Commentary – Classical Scholars
Tafsir ibn Kathir is famous all over the Muslim world, and among Muslims in the Western world is one of the most widely used explanations of the Qu’ran today.
Ibn Kathir – on Hadith 2687
Narrated from Abu Sa’id al-Khudhri, (Sahaba = Companion / Disciple of Muhammad) who heard Muhammad saying, ‘The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls….
Ibn Kathir says that the houri “are delightful virgins of comparable age who never had sexual intercourse with anyone, whether from mankind or Jinns, before their husbands.”
“in the other life, after they became old in this life, they were brought back while virgin, youthful, being delightfully passionate with their husbands, beautiful, kind and cheerful..”
- Certainly these Martyrs are NOT waking up to a Heavenly Orgy for all eternity —–
- Instead…. they are waking up in Hell —
- Not because they died for Allah but because the rejected Christ as God who came in the flesh and they died in their sins.