Listen to today’s broadcast
Today I want to take the opportunity to promote our Saturday radio program. It is a one hour broadcast on American Family Radio. If you don’t have AFR in your area and if you have access to a computer you can listen to it every Saturday from our website. Just go to http://fortressoffaith.org/afr. If you don’t have a computer and you want to listen to the show you can purchase a CD for $15.00.
The Saturday broadcast is co-hosted by my good friend Shahram Hadian. Shahram is a former Muslim from Iran and he adds a lot to our program.
On today’s broadcast I want to give you a preview of the Saturday broadcast by playing some clips from this week’s show, so rather than trying to give you a transcript I highly suggest that you listen to our broadcast for today by clicking on the player above. I have included the notes used for the preparation this Saturday’s broadcast. My purpose in playing these clips and giving you the notes is to show you the richness of the material we are able to cover on our Saturday broadcast and to encourage you to listen to it each week.
Muslims Killing Christians.
Source: Fox News Report: The mass exodus of Christians from the Muslim world
The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom recently said: “The flight of Christians out of the region is unprecedented and it’s increasing year by year.” In our lifetime alone “Christians might disappear altogether from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Egypt.”
Even Prince Charles — it has to stop.
Christians killed for their faith nearly doubled in 2013.
Open Doors, found that 2,123 Christians were killed in 2013 due to their faith, compared to 1,201 in 2012.
- (1,213) occurred in Syria,
- followed by Nigeria (612)
- and Pakistan (88).
9 out of 10 Countries
- North Korea
North Korea an estimated 50,000 to 70,000 Christians live in concentration camps, prisons and prison-like circumstances under the regime of leader Kim Jong-Un.
Not Just Christians —
According to Bill Warner, who has analyzed Islam as a scientist, speaks of the tears of Jihad. In his researched he learned that Islam killed:
- 120 million Africans.
- 60 million Christians
- 80 million Hindus
- 10 million Buddhist
- Countless number of Jews
In total 270 million dead due to Islam and in the name of Allah.
HOWEVER – OF LATE — Christians are getting it bad!!!!
The Villains — Islam — (Don’t blame Muslims)
Author John Allen, in his new book “The Global War on Christians”,
- said, “From Iraq and Egypt to Sudan and Nigeria, from Indonesia to the Indian subcontinent, Christians in the early 21st century are the world’s most persecuted religious group” It seems that Christians are at the top of the menu for Islam’s persecution.
Asia / Syria – “Islamist groups have killed and beheaded a young Christian man, seriously wounding another. The incident, which occurred on 8 January, Firas Nader, and Fadi Mattah were attacked by five armed jihadists……..Noting that Fadi was wearing a cross around his neck, beheaded him.
Source: Agenzia Fides – http://networkedblogs.com/SVWrh
Damascus – Syria Jihadist from “DAASH” beheaded two Christians detained by them—Armenians from the village of Deir Hassan.
This has been reported by MCN with the reference to the Kurds, who fell into the hands of Jihadist together with the Armenians, but managed to escape.
According to Ishtar TV, ten Kurds who had been kidnapped by “DAASH” fled from their confinement and returned home to Afrin (Aleppo).
Rashid Arif, one of those who escaped, related that the Jihadist brought two Armenians to the camp and held them captive for a week. After a week, they were taken out of the prison and nobody saw them alive since. Then one of the kidnappers brought a biscuit box to the rest of prisoners and suggested they eat its contents. When the prisoners opened the box, they found the head of one of the Armenian Christians inside it.
SELLING THE BLOOD OF CHRISTIANS
Syria talking about the blood of Christians being sold for big money. Here is the link : http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/nun-slain-christians-blood-drained-and-sold/
Summary of Syria’s Civil War
In another article from Syria RT news (Russian News) we find that some 450,000 Christians have fled Syria since a civil war erupted. The religious leader said that between 1,000 and 1,200 Christians, both soldiers and civilians, had been killed.
Christians, who comprise about 10 percent of Syria’s population, are viewed as supporters of President Bashar Assad, fearing the Islamist ideology of some rebels. This has made them the target of attacks. At least 57 Christian sites” have been damaged or destroyed since the beginning of hostilities,
At least 85 killed in suicide bombing at Pakistan church
A pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up amid hundreds of worshippers outside a historic church in northwestern Pakistan back in September
In 2003, Iraq’s Christian population was at least one million. Today fewer than 400,000 remain
According to persecution.org
Christian News Report — In Egypt, some 100,000 Christian Copts have fled their homeland soon after the “Arab Spring.”
Ethiopia – 50 churches burnt down
Even in European Bosnia, Christians are leaving en mass “amid mounting discrimination and Islamization.” Only 440,000 Catholics remain in the Balkan nation, half the prewar figure.
In the Ivory Coast—where Christians have literally been crucified—Islamic rebels “massacred hundreds and displaced tens of thousands” of Christians. Source: assistnews.net
- According to the BBC report more than 350,000 people have been displaced by the fighting between the South Sudanese government and rebel forces, according to the UN.
- A scathing report by Rep. Frank R. Wolf (R-Va.) who is one of the leading congressional experts on Sudan and has traveled to the region six times since 1989 says that Obama has ignored and abandoned this conflict – A special envoy to Sudan remained vacant for months during crucial periods, including the final days of the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement
SILENCE from OBAMA
Open Doors press conference in Washington DC
- Dr. Paul Marshall, said “the United States has been largely silent on the issue of religious persecution.
- Marshall believes the root of this silence is in part due to the rise of “realism” regarding diplomacy.
- Dr. Marshall said – “I think that one reason is because in the State Department just deal with states according to what you think you can get and don’t seek to delve inside them.”
- In essence he is saying that the diplomats look at the belief system of the nations they deal with and say, this is just the way they are, we are not going to change them so we are not even going to address the issue.
- Point: Our State Department is not going to stand up for Christians because this is “realism”, this is just the way it is for Christians in this region so we are not going to do anything about it.
- Marshall also pointed out that the Obama administration had different priorities regarding human rights abroad.
- They put a larger stress on other forms of human rights. The administration’s emphasis is on rights for women (especially the right to abortion) and rights for homosexuals.
Silence from Christians in America
Kirsten Powers, who writes for the Daily Beast and is a contributor on Fox news titled “A Global Slaughter of Christians, but America’s Churches Stay Silent.”
WHY MUSLIMS KILL CHRISTIANS –
Muslim Defense —
Mis-Information —- Surah 5:32
Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
Retort — Christians are just as bad.
- Two C’s — Crusades and Colonialism
- Answer —– Not the face of scriptural Christianity
However, Jihad – Holy War is scriptural Islam.
Example: Shariah Law Book – The Reliance of the Traveller.
(O: Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word mujahada signifying warfare to establish the religion.
The scriptural basis for jihad, prior to scholarly consensus (def: b7) is such Koranic verses as:
(1) “Fighting is prescribed for you” (Koran 2:216);
(2) “Slay them wherever you find them” (Koran 4:89);
(3) “Fight the idolators utterly” (Koran 9:36);
- Bukhari Hadith – Muhammad said:
- “I have been commanded to fight people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah…….
- and the hadith reported by Muslim,
- “To go forth in the morning or evening to fight in the path of Allah is better than the whole world and everything in it…..
THE OBJECTIVES OF JIHAD
o9.8 The caliph (o25) makes war upon Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians
“Fight those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day and who forbid not what Allah and His messenger have forbidden-who do not practice the religion of truth, being of those who have been given the Book-until they pay the poll tax out of hand and are humbled” (Koran 9.29)
Until….. (Isa returns)
the time and place for which is before the final descent of Jesus (upon whom be peace). After his final coming, nothing but Islam will be accepted from them, for taking the poll tax is only effective until Jesus’ descent (upon him and our Prophet be peace), which is the divinely revealed law of Muhammad.
Persecution of Christians by Muslims
This should be our headline story on Friday’s recording. Great story about courage and pastors actually standing for something significant. Naghmeh herself will be there risking arrest. Obama celebrates the homosexual athlete and the student standing for abortion rights but does nothing for Naghmeh or Saeed. Maybe we can get her on the program soon. I can try to contact her via facebook and see if she would be willing to do an interview about her decision to go protest in front of the White House.
Also, here is the link to the story that I told you about the nun in Syria talking about the blood of
WASHINGTON — A group of pastors is putting their freedom on the line to bring attention to the plight of Saeed Abedini, a U.S. pastor sentenced to eight years in one of Iran’s most brutal prisons for his Christian faith.
They’re calling for clergy from all over America to come to the White House and risk arrest every Monday from now till March 8, saying it’s time for more than talk about persecuted Christians around the world.
The BIBLE SAYS…..
Proverbs 31:8 “Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. 9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and pleadthe cause of the poor and needy.”
BE SALT & LIGHT
How to let your light shine – Do the following
- Isaiah 58:6-8 “…loose the bands of wickedness … undo the heavy burdens, …. let the oppressed go free, and …break every yoke. 7 deal thy bread to the hungry, …tend to the poor… Cover the naked 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, …”
- In Matthew 21:12 Jesus saw injustice in the Temple and he Over threw the tables of the money changers. There is a place for righteous indignation and anger.
Example Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37).
Called to deliver those who are to die.
- Proverbs 24:11-12If thou forbear to deliver them that aredrawn unto death, and those that areready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
God put Esther in the home of the King so she would be their to stop the murder of the Jews.
Esther 4:13-16 ……then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? …..
Point: This is our Time – our Troubles.
Psalms 82:3-4 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid themout of the hand of the wicked.
Issue of Judging (Mat 7:1 – Judge not….)
- 1 Corinthians 2:15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
- John 7:24 “Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”