Listen to today’s broadcast:
Today I want us to take a look at dhimmitude, a teaching within Islam where, if you want to stay alive under Islamic rule and not become a Muslim, you are subjugated to a second class person almost like a slave. CNN had a report of the practice of dhimmitude in Syria.
Before I get into this subject I want to remind you that this is our spring share-a-thon week. I try to avoid asking for support most of the time and to limit talking about it to our spring and our fall share-a-thon. Because I don’t talk more about it more often, sometimes things get a little tight. That is where we are right now. Would you consider making a donation or a pledge at this time to help us stay on the air?
When I talk about giving $200.00 or larger gifts many of you think that because you can’t do that, you can’t help support this ministry. Maybe this has kept you from supporting this, or other, radio ministries in the past. The real backbone of our support is our Army of Ten. This is an army of people who give $10.00 per month to support this ministry. You may not think this is much, but if it is an army it means there are a lot of people, each doing a little, and it adds up to a lot.
You can give a one time gift or join our Army of Ten by calling the call center at 1-800-716-9272. If you want to give with a bank card they will take your gift. If you want to send a check they will give you the address. You can also give by going to our website and giving through our secure donation page. Just click here to go there.
Now let’s get started looking at the subject of dhimmitude. On the CNN website there is an article titled “Islamists in Syrian city offer Christians safety — at a heavy price.” At the heart of this is ISIS, which has broken away from al Qaeda. This is a very violent group. It must be pretty bad because even Al Qaeda doesn’t want to have anything to do with them. ISIS has joined the rebels in Syria and is imposing Islamic law in those areas they control.
The city of Raqqa has been taken by the rebels. This city has been a Christian city for centuries. The people of Raqqa have been told that if they want protection and not have to convert to Islam in order to live, then you have to submit to dhimmitude. According to the CNN Article here are the conditions of protection:
- They must pay as much as 17 grams of gold ($730) per adult male in an annual payment
- They are forbidden to refurbish their churches and monasteries
- There are limits Christian worship, business activities and alcohol consumption
- Exposing crosses or their books to Muslims is forbidden
- Recitations of Scriptures or ringing any church bells that can be heard by Muslims are forbidden
- Trading pigs or alcohol to Muslims or in their markets is forbidden
This comes from the Qur’an in Surah 9:29
“Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”
Here are the people they are to fight:
- Those who don’t believe in Allah
- Those who don’t believe the teaching of Islam concerning the last day
- Those who don’t forbid what Allah has forbidden
- Those who don’t acknowledge Islam (the religion of truth)
He goes on to say, “even if they are of the people of the book.” The people of the book are the Christians and the Jews. They are to fight them “until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”
Here is what the Reliance of the Traveller, the Shariah Law Handbook, has to say:
Laws for Dhimmitude – Page 607-609
o11.0 NON-MUSLIM SUBJECTS OF THE ISLAMIC STATE (AHL AL-DHIMMA)
011.1 A formal agreement of protection is made with citizens who are:
o11.2 Such an agreement may not be effected with those who are idol worshippers (dis: o9.9 (n:)), or those who do not have a Sacred Book or something that could have been a Book. (A: Something that could have been a Book refers to those like the Zoroastrians, who have remnants resembling an ancient Book. As for the pseudoscriptures of cults that have appeared since Islam (n: such as the Sikhs, Baha’ is, Mormons, Qadianis, etc.), they neither are nor could be a Book, since the Koran is the final revelation (dis: w4).)
o11.3 Such an agreement is only valid when the subject peoples:
(a) follow the rules of Islam (b) and pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya).
THE NON-MUSLIM POLL TAX
o11.4 The minimum non-Muslim poll tax is one dinar (n: 4.235 grams of gold) per person (A: per year).
The maximum is whatever both sides agree upon. It is collected with leniency and politeness, as are all debts, and is not levied on women, children, or the insane.
o11.5 Such non-Muslim subjects are obliged to comply with Islamic rules that pertain to the safety and indemnity of life, reputation, and property. In addition, they:
(1) are penalized for committing adultery or theft, thought not for drunkenness;
(2) are distinguished from Muslims in dress, wearing a wide cloth belt (zunnar);
(3) are not greeted with “as-Salamu ‘alaykum”;
(4) must keep to the side of the street;
(5) may not build higher than or as high as the Muslims’ buildings
(6) are forbidden to openly display wine or pork, (A: to ring church bells or display crosses,) recite the Torah or Evangel aloud, or make public display of their funerals and feastdays;
(7) and are forbidden to build new churches.
o11.6 They are forbidden to reside in the Hijaz, meaning the area and towns around Mecca, Medina, and Yamama, for more than three days when the caliph allows them to enter there for something they need).
o11.7 A non-Muslim may not enter the Meccan Sacred Precinct (Haram) under any circumstances, or enter any other mosque without permission (A: nor may Muslims enter churches without their permission).
o11.10 The agreement is also violated….. if one of the subject people:
(1) commits adultery with a Muslim woman or marries her;
(2) conceals spies of hostile forces;
(3) leads a Muslim away from Islam;
(4) kills a Muslim;
(5) or mentions something impermissible about Allah, the Prophet or Islam.
o11.11 When a subject’s agreement with the state has been violated, the caliph chooses between the four alternatives mentioned above in connection with prisoners of war (o9.14).
(1. death 2. slavery 3. release 4. exchange for a Muslim prisoner of war.)
This is called extortion. These people are being oppressed and humiliated simply because they don’t believe like the Muslims.
This shouldn’t surprise us because it is what they are commanded to do. What is surprising is the this is starting to be reported by the news media. Let me point out, however, this was not reported on CNN’s main news outlet.
256total visits,4visits today