I received an email from Brigitte Gabriel, the Founder and President of Act for America. I attend their meetings when I can, and I even speak at them from time to time. If you are not familiar with them I suggest you visit their website and familiarize yourself with them. For those in Canada, they do have a Canadian branch called Act for Canada.
This organization is the largest grass roots organization dedicated to national security. They are especially concerned with national security issues dealing with Islam.
In the email Brigitte sent me she talked about how an ISIS group,Abu Anas al Libi. recently killed 150 women, some of them young girls, simply because they refused to marry other jihadists. Some of them were with child and they were butchered by this jihadist group.
The atrocities just continue to mount. These groups do this in the name of Islam and of Allah. The Bible tells us the “ye shall know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16).
The great war strategist, Sun Tzu, said “know thine enemy.”This is why Fortress of Faith exists. Islam is an enemy to Christianity and to freedom. If we don’t know our enemy and stand up against it we will loose all our freedoms.
Let’s now continue with our glossary of Islamic terms:
17. Halal is that which is permissible. It is used most specifically in relation to food.
Halal meat is becoming a real issue. Shahram recently received a letter from a man in New Zealand telling how much of an issue halal is there, even in their farming. Halal is closely related to another word on our list, number 19, haram, which means forbidden. In the Islamic texts halal is used only in relation to food. In Europe they are now applying it to other subjects. Halal meat must come from an animal that is sacrificed in a certain way, facing Mecca, hanging upside down, their throat being cut, blood being drained, a blessing being said over the meat to Allah. This is meat that has been sacrificed to Allah, to an idol. Eating this meat would violate the principle set down by the council of the Apostles in Jerusalem.
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. Acts 15:29
All of the lamb sold at Costco is halal. This is becoming the practice of more and more stores. Another issue is that this meat is often not labeled as halal. In our prisons they are serving halal meat and forcing our prisoners to eat it whether they are Muslims or not. I Europe they do this in the school system.
We have no problem with Muslims eating halal. We have the right to know what we are eating. This is where the labeling becomes an issue. There has even been an issue of MacDonald’s serving halal meat.
The associated word haram is often heard as a name today. The terrorist group Boca Haram uses this name. Boca means Western education, and Haram means forbidden. The name means Western education is forbidden. This helps us understand why they attack schools. They are trying to eliminate Western education from their society.
18. The Hijab is a head covering. It covers the head and the hair, but it does not cover the face.
19. Haram we have already covered this under halal above.
20. The Imam is the leader of a mosque. He is a teacher of Islamic doctrine much like the pastor in a Christian church.
21. Injeel is the Islamic word for the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as a whole. In Islam they have what they call the four holy books. The Injeel would be one of them. Of course the Qur’an is the most important of these books. The Torah, the five books of Moses, are also included. There is also the Zaboor, the holy books of David and Solomon. The Islamic versions of these books are not the same as found in our Bibles. They are counterfeits.
The Qur’an gives reverence to the Injeel, the Gospels, yet Isa, the Islamic Jesus, denies the Jesus of the Gospels. The Jesus of the Gospels is God in the flesh, the Son of God, who died on the cross and rose again from the grave. This is the central doctrine of the Christian faith. The Injeel of the Qur’an denies these very things.
The Torah of Islam gets the facts wrong. It distorts the covenant of God with Abraham. They replace Isaac with Ishmael, they make Abraham a prophet of Allah.
22. Isa is the Islamic Jesus. He is a false Jesus who was not the Son of God, was not God, and did not die on the cross.
This is as far as we will go today. We will give the rest of this glossary in our notes for next week’s broadcast.
48total visits,3visits today