Today I want to look at last Friday’s terrorist attack on a train in France. Fortunately, no one was killed because of the bravery of three American servicemen and one Brit. who happened to be on the train.
Even though this jihadist was on the watch list, he was able to bring a bag full of weapons and over 300 rounds of ammunition. He had an assault rifle, a semi-automatic pistol, and a knife. It is evident that he was planing a carnage of death on the train in the name of Allah.
There were some heroes who took him out:
- US Airman – Spencer Stone
- US National Guard – Alek Skarlatos,
- US College student – Anthony Sadler
- British businessman – Chris Norman.
The jihadist was 25 year old Moroccan national Ayoub El-Khazzani.
One of the victims was Mark Mooligan, 51, an American professor at the Sorbonne.
The information is still a little fluid, but at present here is what we understand happened”
- Train from Holland passed through Belgium and just entered France.
- Khazzani emerged from the rest-room in the First Class Car. Brandishing an Assault Riffle – AK47 – no Shirt.
- Mark Mooligan attempted to take the Riffle from him but was shot in the neck.
- Meanwhile Three staff of the train run for safety into the other car locking themselves in but leaving the rest of passenger with the shooter.
- The shot awoke some Americans who were on Vacation in Europe.
- Khazzani gun jams!!! — Making an opportunity for
- Spencer, Alek, Anthony and Brit – Chis Norman to rush him.
- They dash towards him — about 10 meters.
- Wrestled away the Assault Riffle –(AK47)
- Khassani produces a Hand Gun but that we wrestled away
- Then a Box Cutter Knife
- Stabbed Spencer in the Neck and almost cut off the thumb of his left hand.
- The beat Khazzani unconscious and hog tie him with T—Shirts.
- Airman Spencer gives first aid to the victim shot in the neck. Sticks his two fingers in the bullet wound, finds the artery and holds it till they get to the next station.
- Spencer had his thumb re-attached
The train was still moving so they had to keep the terrorist subdued and keep the professor alive until it reached the station.
These people are certainly heroes. They will receive one of France’s highest honors, the Legion d’Honneur, from the French president. Francois Hollande. I believe this will happen this coming Wednesday.
This incident reminds me of a passage in the bible:
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
You never know when the gunman could have cleared his gun and started shooting again. If he had, Spencer, who was in the lead, would have been the first to get shot. In this type of situation you have a choice between fight or flight. Fortunately for everyone, these men chose to fight.
This also reminds me of the bravery of those on Flight 93, on September 11, 2001. They brought down the plane, saving many other lives, while loosing their own.
Let’s look at what we know about this terrorist:
- French newspaper La Voix du Nord said Spanish authorities had pointed out the man to French police.
- The paper also cited security sources saying he was seen on a plane to Turkey from Germany in May and was thought to have visited Syria. This could be a link to ISIS.
- It added that he may have had connections to a group involved in a suspected Jihadi shooting in Belgium in January.
- AFP (Agence France-Presse (AFP) is an international news agency) has quoted an anti-terror source saying, ‘He lived in (southern) Spain for a year, until 2014, then he decided to move to France. They believe this is where he was brought into fundamental Islam.
Of course, everyone tries to call this brand of Islam “radical Islam.” It is not radical, it is simply following the true teachings of the Prophet, Muhammad.
The only statement we have heard from El-Khazzani is through his lawyers, claiming that he is not a terrorist, he simply wanted to rob the train. We are supposed to believe this when he had 9 full magazines, holding almost 300 rounds? He will have a hard sell in court and I believe he will be convicted of terrorist activity.
This would have been a different story had it not been for the three Americans. Many people could have been killed.
The sad thing is that the Europeans have taken away the weapons from their citizens. There is no way anyone could have defended themselves with their own weapons unless they were illegally carrying. When you take the weapons from law abiding citizens, you then only have criminals with guns.
It was fortunate that there were some trained military people there to stop this. Their natural instinct was fight, rather than flight.
I am asked, how do I know which communities have growing Muslim populations? One thing you can do is go to google maps and type in mosques or Islamic centers. Another thing you can do is look for restaurants that serve halal meat. There are websites that will tell you which restaurants serve halal meat.
Halal meat is from animals that were slaughtered in a manner that is acceptable to Islamic teachings. It is very similar to Kosher meat for the Jews. The big difference is that, while the animal is being slaughtered, there will be prayers and praises to Allah played over the loudspeakers. They are offering the life of these animals to Allah, the god of Islam.
Here are some Arabic words that will help you understand what Muslims are talking about concerning food:
- halal means permissible,
- haram means forbidden,
- zabihah means slaughtered.
Here are a couple of websites that will tell you where to find halal restaurants:
Finding where mosques and where halal restaurants are located will help you find where Muslims are living.
106total visits,2visits today